Explore ruins and nature on the inca trail in Peru and learn about the traditional trails built by the Incas to reach Machu Picchu in 2 or 4 days
Inca Trail to Huchuy Qosqo – Machu Picchu 4 Days
Camino Salkantay a Machu Picchu 5 Dias
The Inca trail is one of the most popular hike in Peru and South America. It starts from kM82 and follows a route to Machu Picchu, The Lost City of the Incas.
Some Inca Trail Tips :
- The best time to visit the Inca Trail is May through September. Sure, it’s the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the dry season. And trust us, you don’t want to visit during rainy season(January, Febebrury and march) Note that the Inca Trail is closed February.
- If you want hike the inca trail, make your Inca Trail reservations several months in advance, up to a year if you’re going during peak season. You can only visit with a licensed Tour Operators, and spots book up quickly.
- No matter what time of year, the trail gets cold at night. Bring a warm sleeping bag and layer your clothes.
Other must-brings: sturdy shoes, a flashlight (with fresh batteries), water-purification tablets, high-calorie snacks and a basic first-aid kit.
- Choose your trekking Tour Operator carefully. Shop around and ask lots of questions: what you’ll have to carry, how many people to a tent, how many porters for the group, if there are arrangements for special diets. It’s worth paying more for a reputable agency that treats its porters well and respects the environment. We’ve recommended a tour we like at the end of this article.
- Take a stash of small Peruvian currency for buying bottled water and snacks along the way, as well as for tipping the guide, cook and porters.
- If you can’t get an Inca Trail reservation, don’t despair. you can check out the Lares Trek or the Salkantay Trek. Stop by South American Explorers for an information packet.
- Altitude sickness is serious and can ruin your trip. The biggest mistake you can make is to fly directly to Cuzco (3326m/10,910ft) and expect to hike the next day. Give yourself a few days to adjust to the altitude first, the coca candies and coca infusions is ideal for it.
Tour Inca Trail Recommended:
- Inca Trail 2 Days
- Inca Trail 4 Days
- Sacred Valley of the Incas – Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu